Top
OUR

News

LEARN ABOUT INNOVATIONS, AWARDS AND MORE INTERESTING FACTS
New

Vivino app selects Montes Obarenes Terroir Selection among the ten best Rioja white wines

VIVINO is the most downloaded mobile wine application in the world and the world's largest wine library

26 of December of 2017

Haro, 27th December 2017.- MONTES OBARENES TERROIR SELECTION has been selected in VIVINO’S WINE STYLE AWARDS 2018 among the top ten wines in the category Rioja Whites. VIVINO’S WINE STYLE AWARDS 2018 recognize the very best and most beloved wines from around the globe. This year’s award winning wines were determined by VIVINO'S 26 million users and the millions of wine ratings they’ve submitted over the past 12 months. VIVINO is the most downloaded mobile wine application in the world and the world's largest wine library.

MONTES OBARENES TERROIR SELECTION aims to “showcase the potential of Rioja's great white wines for ageing”, underlines David González, GÓMEZ CRUZADO'S winemaker. MONTES OBARENES TERROIR SELECTION faithfully harnesses Rioja’s native varieties to transmit a style of wine with typicity and rooted in its origins. Viura is the dominant variety in a blend with white Tempranillo.

MONTES OBARENES TERROIR SELECTION is the new face of Rioja’s great whites: “Its production includes a combination of fermentation and ageing on lees in new French oak barrels for 80% of the wine, and ageing on lees in an ovoid stainless steel tank for the other 20%”, notes González.

MONTES OBARENES TERROIR SELECTION underscores the concept of terroir which views humans’ influence on the wine as equally important as the soil, climate and grape variety for the final result. Viura and white Tempranillo undergo intense, assiduous work in fermentation and ageing on lees and in the bottle to achieve a fresh white with typicity and great ageing potential.

History

Newsletter subscription

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTERSTAY INFORMED
Complete the form below to sign up and receive our newsletters.
* Required fields
Privacy and data protection